Sunday, August 15, 2010

Now that's a switch!

In the room that now proudly belongs to Prince One, we had the cheap-o (technical term) switch covers, that came with the house.  I knew I wanted something different, but I also knew I wasn't buying any new covers when I had Mod Podge and tons of paper on hand.

I also knew that while I wanted it to coordinate with the room, I did not want it to be matchy-matchy.  By now, you all know how I adore The Graphics Fairy  .  A few months back, I had printed off some vintage baseball images to use on my clipboard.  I had printed a few extras, and decided I would try to incorporate one of them onto the cover.

I cut the paper just bigger than the cover, applied Mod Podge, and carefully smoothed it over the cover.  My daughter will wholeheartedly agree that I have a terrible compulsion to mess with my projects while I'm waiting for them to set up!  I am too impatient to get to the next step. 





I made myself physically go to another room leave it alone to dry, then came back and trimmed the excess paper.  I also cut out the baseball player and glued him on the cover, being careful of where I placed him.

I did get a little bit of guff about the uniform he was wearing, but I was making it so...
Like I said, no matchy-matchy!  Don't you love free projects?








To link or not to link...













17 comments:

  1. super cute! love the vintage look of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,
    This is such a great project! The baseball player really looks dimensional. I picked up a couple light switch covers awhile back to decoupage, so now I guess I have to get busy! I use those same technical terms, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! We've got the cheapo ones as well. Great way to dress them up. :)

    Christine, because I'm a wordpress user, I don't really use Google Friend Connect, but I'm subscribing to your blog under my Feed Reader. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out great and I too am not exactly patient while waiting for projects that have to dry or set etc. I mean doesn't everyone keep a blow dryer in their craft room?

    ReplyDelete
  5. christine, that turned out so well! i did one for my son's room last month and it is not as cute as this, but isn't it nice to add those personal touches and for little or no money! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic!!! (I too mess with my projects before I am finished!) Too impatient!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and easy. I really do not like standard cheapy switch covers. The baseball player really gives it a custom look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is amazing..

    I have something on my blog for you..

    http://keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/2010/08/chaos.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine!

    It's so good to see your blog...and I love the switchplate project--how clever!!! And it turned out great...just adorable!!! What a great idea and your talent always shines so bright.
    Hugs,
    Cindy
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! That's a great way to continue a theme in a kids room. Tks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I am following since you were featured on Keeping Up With the Schultz Family. If you're interested, check me out.
    http://mydevotionalthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fantastic, what a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute Christine!! What a clever idea! Thanks for linking another one up to Brag Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that is amazing..

    I have something on my blog for you..

    http://keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/2010/08/chaos.html

    ReplyDelete

I won't deny it, I love comments! Thanks...